Monday, August 13, 2007

Eighteen Chefs

This is a outdated food review that I tried after dragging it for ages. ;p I've always love Jaime Oliver's way of cooking and it got me excited when I heard that a particular chef was trained under him opened a restaurant here. It took me months before I went to try and so here's the review.

Eighteen Chef is the name of the restaurant and most of it is pretty much self-service. From the taking of orders and the free flow of ice water that customers can help themselves to at the side of the cashier. They only open at 12pm and you can easily located them on the outside of the Eastpoint Shopping Mall.

I have also attached a picture of the menu and you can click on it to enlarge it. Although you must excuse the reflections off the glass but roughly you can see what is available and the price range of their food.


Initially I was a little sad to see that they do not have Vongole or anything close to that. So I settled for a vegetarian pasta as it's pan fried and those are one of my favourites.

I promptly took my order at the cashier but I was greeted with a lady who looked like she's not in a particularly good mood. Her service wasn't too bad either but it would have been nice if she smiled, as she looked really "black" face. The order took about 10 mins or so to arrive and it looked kind of nice and smelt great too. The portions are reasonable but not plenty. Taste wise is quite good with the pasta cooked just right and vegetables still look rather crisp and fresh. Overall I will give it 4 out of 5 stars.

The owner was outside making sure things were clean and everything was in order. He looked really stern but he left for the kitchen when the lunch crowd started strolling in.

This place is quite fuss free with a small selection of pasta and baked rice available. It will be lovely if they can make the place more relaxing with the clean and neat environment. I can imagine myself reading a book and taking a nice, slow lunch.

No comments: