Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Food Review: Al Forno

Many maybe familiar with this restaurant as it has been around for ages and I've only tried the pizza that my relatives use to buy as takeouts for my lunch. Unfortunately, I didn't find it amazing at all. Maybe it's the kind of pizza, I don't know.

I've heard good things about this restaurant and I arrived just at the opening time, where later on, streams of people started strolling in. Within an hour, the restaurant was full. One may ask, "how can anyone go wrong by just looking at the crowd alone". Sadly, it didn't meet my expectations or it may just be a clash of culture.

*******

This is the vegetable pizza that my mum ordered and it's really good. I love thin crust pizzas with really fresh toppings and it fulfilled all my requirements. Well, it was wiped out in less than a minute, so all I was left with was a piece on that big plate. Please pardon my photos as I wasn't sure what setting to use an the lights there really affected it as well. sigh~

*******

Clams and mussels, anything in the shell family is a favourite for me. Vongole was one of my choices but I decided to got for something extra . The seafood was really nice and this was pretty well done. *slurp* Still my favourite is with BakerzInn, till I can find somewhere else better.

*******

Joe ordered that but I couldn't remember what was the name of the pasta. It's really cheesy and all. I believe I wouldn't be able to finish that as the taste for such pastas are really strong and you must be a cheese lover to have it. For me, I would feel really bloated up if I had taken that. Although I couldn't appreciate the taste of it but I must say that it was also quite well done. Authentic, maybe. As mention above, culture maybe the clash for me. I've tried really authentic Italian food and most locals may just find it too much for them.

I'm guessing that the crowd at the restaurant is regulars or residents nearby. You know how it is when you've been eating around the area for sometime and even if there's something better else where, you're so used to the taste and the familiarity of the environment. They're not a total flop but maybe there's better and more suited taste for locals here.

*******

I always love how messy baked stuff looked and you really feel like digging into it. ;p I've no idea what is it but it's really rich with loads of stuff packed in it.

*******

Veal with white wine sauce with a tad too much wine. *burp*

*******

This is likely one of the most popular pasta dish with a number of patrons ordering it. On the menu, it states for 2 but it can easily serve up to 3 or 4 if you're appetite ain't big. The seafood was fresh but the sauce lack much coordination of taste. There was only tomato and it could be better with other herbs or ingredients added to compliment it.

*******

I've ever tried the combination of tomato and cream sauce. Let's just say it's unfavorable and just too filling. The prawns are really fresh and sweet but nothing else appeal to me.


*******

I love how cheap and nice this looks. At just $5, I get a watch and a bangle. ^^ Although after that I bought a watch for Joe as his present and he decided to change it to a "qing nu biao" aka couple watch, from none other than Soviet Titus.

I love the classic "天长地久" engraved behind.

No comments: